Ever feel that your hair is so dry it's going to fall right off your head? Or did you do a chemical service or process that left your strands as parched as the Sahara Desert? Well there are emergency measures that you can take to restore the moisture balance to the hair. Try any one of these emergency fixes:
1. Drench damp hair in moisturizing conditioner and apply saran wrap. Cover with a dorag and winter hat overnight. Rinse thoroughly in the morning.
2. Apply coconut oil liberally to damp strands. Tie a plastic grocery bag over the hair like a miniature greenhouse. Leave for several hours then shampoo and condition as normal.
3. On a daily basis, when you are working at the computer or watching TV, put a plastic conditioner cap over your hair and let it incubate for several hours.
4. Add coconut oil to your favorite deep conditioner and apply to the hair for several hours. Co-wash out with a moisturizing conditioner.
5. Make a mixture of 1 cup rose water, 1 tbsp. glycerin, and 2 tbsp. moisturizing conditioner. Spritz hair nightly and seal with coconut oil.
6. Saturate hair in moisturizing deep conditoner then apply tin foil. Cover the foil with a hot towel and leave on for several hours. Rinse thoroughly.
7. Apply straight mayonnaise liberally to hair and cover with a plastic conditioner cap. Leave on for several hours then shampoo and condition as normal with moisture-based products.
8. Co-wash the hair with a moisturizing conditioner for three days in a row. Allow hair to rest on the fourth and fifth day then repeat.